Prior to joining Whitelaw McDonald Ross has, for over 40 years, been either a partner or sole practitioner in legal practices in Gunnedah, Newcastle and New Lambton.
In that time he has been responsible for advising and acting on behalf of:-
- Corporations, large and small
- Financial Institutions
- Franchisees and Franchisors
- Government and Local Government entities
- Indigenous Organisations
- Hotel, Motel and Restaurant Owners
- Licensed Clubs
- Trustees, Executors, Administrators
- Company Liquidators and Administrators
- Buyers and Sellers of Real Estate
Additionally, where needed, Ross acts for clients as trustee or executor of trusts and deceased estates.
He has a long experience in drafting wills including quite complex ones, testamentary trusts, living wills, powers of attorney and enduring guardianships.
Ross also advises clients in matters involving estate succession (estate planning) and business succession.
Ross offers considerable legal expertise to clients in both personal and corporate engagements.
His interest in the arts (he is a pianist, conductor and composer) allows Ross to have a special insight into matters involving intellectual property including performing rights and copyright.